Saturday, August 1, 2009

Dutch Joe Creek

We went camping Friday and Saturday at a place called Dutch Joe Creek. It's out in the boondocks of Wyoming, near Pinedale. It's real down and dirty camping... no toilets, showers, close neighbors, or water spickets. We had a blast! Right beyond those trees is the creek, so Dustin went fishing all day Saturday and caught 4 fish! Our campsite was also above 9,000 feet and you could see a million stars at night. It was so relaxing and peaceful.
The only bad parts were Dustin thinking he only needed to print out the last half of the directions to our campsite (I'm over it now), how freezing it got at night, and the hour long ride on a bumpy, dirt road from the highway. But other than that, it was well worth it! And now I'm exhausted and am going to bed early!!





6 comments:

TacieB said...

You are so brave to camp without ANY modern conveniences! I love all the pictures. It looks like you all had a good time. (except for the hour-long drive on a dirt road) That does NOT sound like fun! I hope you got some sleep last night.

Kristi said...

I agree with Tacie- you are so brave to go out and camp like that, especially as you are pregnant and with Lillie. Looks like you guys have some really sweet memories though. Fun fun!

Diane Wisniewski said...

Wow! Makes me "Wyoming-sick." All those summers Dad and I went there to camp and fish... I'll have to dig up the pictures of you kids there with us when everyone was small! I'm so glad you guys chose to go camping there. Good childhood memories.
Mom

The Barnum Family said...

How fun! I attempted camping again this last weekend with Nate. I thought maybe I'd like it better without the kids....Not so much. But it looks like you guys are right at home in the great outdoors!

VicandNanc said...

You are such a trooper! Aren't you pretty far along too? It looks really pretty up there though. We don't go camping in tents because of the cold factor too!

sydni yoshioka said...

looks like you guys are having a lot of fun these days. live it up before the baby comes! cause then all you do is sit on the couch nursing! lillie is adorable as always. is she excited for the baby? 2 is a ton of work... you just have to keep a good perspective that it will get easier.