Monday, August 31, 2009

Potty Training Day 1

Thanks to my good friend Randi (and her amazing little boy Caleb), Lillie and I are giving it a try at Potty Training.

Lillie has gone once last night, and 3 times today. She's had no accidents so far! She gets to play with her new toys only while she's on the pot, and gets an M&M every time she goes. A few different people told me to have her start out wearing "big girl undies" from the get-go so that when she does have an accident, she'll realize it's uncomfortable and have another incentive to get to that potty as fast as possible. I know she'll have lots of accidents in the future, but it'll be easier to clean those up now than with a newborn baby! We're using lots of positive reinforcement and crossing our fingers that this works!

Go Lillie!

8 comments:

The Barnum Family said...

Yay for Lillie! Having all those fun toys by the potty is an ingenious idea! I never even thought of that. Good luck to both of you!

Adam and Brittany said...

Yay for Lillie! She'll get it in no time. Such a good idea. Love your hair btw!

Kristi said...

I'm impressed! Good job! Best of luck

TacieB said...

Good luck you guys! I hope Lillie picks it up quickly. That would be so nice not to have to worry about it when the baby comes.

Randi said...

GOOD JOB LILLIE! what a big girl. shes so cute! it makes you feel so good when they learn huh? and how nice for them to be out of dippers!

Unknown said...

Good job, Lil! That is really exciting! That really is a great idea with the toys. And I'd do anything for an M&M! ha ha

Lyd said...

I swear!! She's SO big!! Yay! She's such a big girl!! My mom and sis totally did the M&M thing. Tis a good tool. :)

Amber said...

Yay Lillie! That's so exciting!! Cute pics by the way