Monday, August 17, 2009

Owl

We were driving home to Jackson last night when this little incident happened. We were driving over the pass from Victor to Jackson (Dustin was driving) when I looked to my left and saw this big white thing flying. I knew it was a huge bird of sorts, I was just confused because I've never seen that large of a bird flying so low to the ground. I said to Dustin, "What is that thing?" Before Dustin could look over the darned bird smacked right into our car, scaring the crappers out of Dustin. I've never heard him scream like that before! haha!!! (He denys that he even screamed at all)
The "large bird" ended up being a white owl with a wingspan of about 3 feet. That thing was huge. It left a bunch of crap and guts and blood on our window that we had to ignore until we made it over the pass and could stop at a gas station to clean off.
The bird whacked so hard into our car that it also broke our drivers side mirror. Not only is the glass missing, the entire structure is cracked (you can't see it in the pic though) and a bunch of screws and stuff are gone, too. Whatever. We both couldn't stop laughing about it the whole night. We were in bed and one of us would just start randomly laughing at the flashback of that thing smacking into the car about 12 inches away from Dustin's head. What the are the chances??

6 comments:

VicandNanc said...

Oh man! You guys don't have good luck with cars! I'm glad you could get a good laugh out of it though :) :)

Lyd said...

That is both sad and funny at the same time. I love the random laughs. Those are some of the best kinds. :)

TacieB said...

I wish I could have been in the car to hear Dustin's scream. You guys really don't have good luck when it comes to cars, huh?

McKenzie said...

Brock always denies it when he screams, too. Hope you can get that fixed up soon!

Kristi said...

That's crazy! What are the chances? By the way, VIRGINIA? When? That's sad you guys will be so far away but I'm sure you'll love it and make an adventure of it!

Unknown said...

Ha ha I love this story! I was laughing the whole time I was reading. Especially when you would just randomly start laughing while you were in bed. Funny! I hope you can get it fixed, that dumb bird.