Sunday, September 20, 2009

Getting Ready for Baby...

Here's not the best, but the most recent prego pic of me. It was taken tonight. I'm not showing too much for being due in 5 weeks, but at my last appointment I measured at 34.5 centimeters instead of 33 (I was 33 weeks at the time). I don't really get that... but that baby's head is already down and that kid never stops moving. I haven't gotten a decent good nights sleep in a few weeks.

With just 5 weeks left, and absolutly no idea if/when/or where we're moving, I've been doing everything I can now to get ready for this new baby.
Here's the quilt Dustin and I made a few nights ago. Dustin did all the cutting and pinning, and I sewed it all together. The back is a really really soft brown material (that cost a pretty penny).

Here's a close up of the fabric. I LOVE it! The top fabric says things like, "Come," "Fetch," "Good Dog," "Shake," "Roll Over," etc.
My mom and sister taught me how to can peaches about a month ago. We accidently ate all the jars I brought home... so we canned more! Dustin and I (yes, Dustin really helped) canned pears, peaches, raspberry jam, and strawberry jam.
Smiths also had a caselot sale, and we stocked up on cases of peanut butter, tuna fish, cream of chicken soup, Ramen, flour, sugar, rice, honey, and other canned goods. Then we drove to Pocatello to go to Costco and bought large amounts of TP, paper towels, dryer sheets, garbage bags, baby wipes, and a few other items.
As you can see, we're running out of room for everything.
I took out the box of baby boy clothes we've been collecting all Summer and washed and put away the Newborn and 0-3 month size clothes. We have so much! Thanks again everyone who's been giving us little gifts here and there (and thanks to Dustin for letting me buy so much).
And as for other news, Dustin's job will be done in a week and a half! September 30th is the final inspection. Dustin's company also found out Dustin can do draftsman work and can draw up plans and things on the computer. They've been keeping him busy doing that on the side.
As for moving, nothing's official yet. His project manager threw out some ideas on Friday of possibly having Dustin take an office job (in San Diego) or also having us just plan on staying here until we have the baby and doing more drawings in the meantime. We would both rather move somewhere before the baby's due, and Dustin doesn't want an office job doing things you don't even need a college degree to do. So... we'll see what happens.
And today is day 6 with no accidents for Lillie! She's doing so well.

7 comments:

Eric Harker said...

The thing that I liked the most about this post was that you used a special fabric for the back of the quilt. Your baby one day will thank you for that extra softness, even at the extra expense.

Amber said...

Erika, I'm so excited for you guys!!! You are the cutest prego woman ever!! I'm so jealous of you. I can't wait to get pregnant but I don't think I will look like you. Good luck to ya!! I'm so excited!

Adam and Brittany said...

Wow, crazy times! You look really good for being that far along. Love the blanket, and love that Dustin helped you. I've been doing a little canning myself, all freezer jam, yum! Good luck with the move, or not moving!

Kristi said...

Yay Lillie! I'm impressed! Sounds like you guys are pretty well stocked. That is always so comforting esp where you know that life will be a little harder to go places in five weeks. Keep us posted!

The Barnum Family said...

You look so cute! I love the quilt.

Unknown said...

Look at that tummy! I can't believe you're so close. I'm jealous! :) Hopefully you guys will be able to figure out soon what the heck is going on with moving and everything.

TacieB said...

Oh, Erika! Hang in there. You really do look great. I'm so impressed with canning and jam skills! Way to go Erika and Dustin. And, good job Lillie!