Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Wedding

Here's a picture of our family at my sister Tera's wedding. The wedding was in gorgeous Ashland, Oregon (about 10 miles from the California border on I5). It was in the 60's and was beautiful. Tera looked beautiful and happy. Jeff and her seem to be a great fit for each other.

We put 3,200 miles on our car in just 9 days. I love our car. Our 2000 Honda Accord now has 162k miles and is going strong. That car took us to Widby Island, Ashland, Oregon, and Yakima. We had the best time visiting with friends and family. We also ate at Burgerville and Chevy's, had gelato, went to the Portland Children's Museum, Jantzen Beach to ride the carousel, went bowling, got a lb of Sees, and did lots and lots and LOTS of shopping. Dustin's favorite part was probably going to Cabela's. He even treated himself to an orange hat as a souvenir. Lillie and Jack did pretty well. Aside from a few tantrums from Lillie (lack of naps), the trip went almost perfectly.

We're semi glad to be back here in Idaho. Well... let's be honest. I'm not that happy! I hated driving back and watching the terrain get yellower and browner, then colder and colder...
It was so nice wearing t-shirts and bermudas, sandals, and open-toed shoes. We brought our coats but never put them on even once. Even when it rained on Thursday it was still so in the 50's and beautiful! Washington and Oregon have tulips, pink cherry trees in full blossom, daffodils, green grass everywhere, and perfect spring temperatures. I went running and LOVED it. My lungs didn't burn and it felt good.

So... I'm ticked. Idaho has at least a month or two until Spring comes. Until then, I guess I'll put back all of our new bright spring and summer clothes and keep wearing my sweaters and boots.

Disclaimer: Idaho isn't that bad. We do love being close to our families, and the snow is fun. No offense devoted Idahoans.

2 comments:

sydni yoshioka said...

I'm so happy we fit into your busy vacation schedule! It was so fun to see you and the kids!

Unknown said...

Sounds like you guys had a good time! Can't wait to hear more about it. We'll be over tomorrow!