Tuesday, March 23, 2010

People that Change Your Life

I've been thinking about the people that stick out in my mind who have impacted my life. Everyone has their own list of those meaningful people. Some of the people on my list I was never really close with, but being around them made a very positive impact on me.
(by the way, this list is on NO particular order)

1. Laurel Merz. One of the happiest, enjoyable people to be around. She has faith in everyone and is accepting of everyone. She's everybody's instant best friend, and is probably on everybody's "list" of most influential people in their life.

2. Summer. The boldest, kindest Relief Society President I've ever had. She was only 28 or so, but was a full-time firefighter until she had her baby girl (who was born the same day as our Lillie). She never hesitated to bear her testimony. Every time she did the spirit was so strong and brought me to tears. She always looked out for me that first, difficult year we were in Las Vegas.

3. Jen Hirschi. A forever friend. A person I have a strong connection with and who I look up to more than she'll ever know.

4. Randi Nordstrom (Alexander, now). My hero for many reasons. She was contagiously happy and hilarious. She always had a positive, optimistic attitude and taught me that my attitude was a choice, not a consequence. She also bluntly said to me after I was throwing a teen-aged tantrum about not being asked to prom, "Maybe you need to be humble." I think about it all the time!

5. Dana. The most giving, considerate person I've ever known. She always puts herself last and gives everything she has and can to everyone. She's one of my best friends, and is a 2nd mother to me. If I could choose to be like anyone, it would be her.

6. My husband. I married a perfect guy. He's very courageous and humble. He's very honest and open and does what's not popular. He never says no when he's asked to serve in any capacity, and always gives everyone the benefit of the doubt. He admits when he's wrong, and forgives me when I'm wrong. He's very supportive of me and my dreams, and earnestly tries to be better every day of his life. We've never been in any fights because he's so patient and kind towards me. He helps me to be better.

7. Kandis Broadhead. A very loyal friend. She's outgoing, hilarious, and giving. I remember coming home and finding delicious, homemade brownies on our front step, and her also bringing us a meal at a trying time. She rescued me when I found out we needed to take Lillie to Primary's (when she had RSV) and would send hilarious text messages at just the right time ("I am your brother, your best friend forever..."). Her and Dave befriended us when we were new in the ward. Her personality is so vibrant. She's a friend anyone would be blessed to have.

There are probably more people on this list, these are just a few who stick out in my mind tonight. I love all of these people. They've all taught me so much just by their example.

2 comments:

Kandis said...

...ERIKA!.....I GOT ALL MISTY!
Thanks for your kind words about me. I feel completely lucky and blessed to have had met you and have you as a friend. You still mean so much to me even though we no longer live close. Thank You for saying such nice things about me...I really needed to hear that today....afterall...."I am you're brother..you're best friend forever...singing the song the music that you love...brothers till the end of time...together or not you're always in my heart.." bwahhhhh!
Love ya!

Lyd said...

I'm offended.

Juuust kidding! :D I love those people that you can recognize that make a difference in your life. This is a cool post.