Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The past week.. sheesh!

Holy Moly.
Not only was it General Conference weekend, a weekend that takes up a good 8 hours for me, and 10 hours for Dustin (well, maybe more like 8 1/2. He doses off a lot.) but also Easter weekend. We had an egg hunt on Saturday between conferences at Aunt DeeAnn's house and another egg hunt Grandma Julie put on after dinner on Sunday.
Then, Alli went into the hospital around 8 or 9PM Easter Sunday and had their baby at 10:48AM Monday morning! He was 5 weeks early, but is doing pretty good. I'll have to dedicate a whole 'nother blog post to just baby Brycen Timothy Miller when I get more pictures.
Lillie and Jack got a really fun package from the "I-gotta-package-man" on Saturday. Lillie loves getting mail, and started laughing really hard when she saw the box! She opened it and told me what everything was. Grandma Diane really spoils our kids! Lillie and Jack are always getting fun things in the mail. Lillie loves talking on the phone to "bah-bah" and "Bap-bah" (grandma and grandpa).
Easter morning we made Lillie wait to go and see what the Easter Bunny brought them until Jack was finished eating. She was dying!! She really was excited when she ran out. The first thing she yelled was, "WOW!!!" And she was being a little pill when we tried taking the picture... typical Lillie.
Sunday afternoon Grandma Julie had her Easter Egg Hunt for the Miller grandkids. It was so much fun! Even Jack got in on the fun and played with all the bright eggs.
Angie was kind enough to hold Jack so that Dustin could help Lillie and I could take pictures.
Jack is getting so much bigger! He's always chewing on something.
The Easter Bunny must have been watching the ads and found some great deals on things to give to Lillie and Jack. He must have known that Lillie needed a trike! She loves it and rides it as often as the weather permits.
My favorite part of this picure is the wrench in Dustin's back pocket.

Here's baby Brycen!! This was taken about 1/2 hour after he was born. I love that little guy! Can't wait to hold him. Alli and Tyson are already really great parents. Dustin and I are so happy for their little family.

It wouldn't be Idaho if there wasn't a huge snow storm in April. This was all from April 5th-April 6th. It snowed about 7-8 inches in Ucon. Lillie loved tromping around in the snow. It was almost up to her knees! We had fun and made a snowman. Jack still fit into his snowsuit, too. We put him in the red swing for a few minutes. He loved it.
Welcome to Idaho, baby Brycen!


And did I mention through all of this we're potty training Lillie... again??! She's doing really great. It's been a million times easier than it went about 8 months ago.
This is the dress Grandma Julie gave all the little girls, BTW.
It was a fun Easter! Even though it was busy, Dustin and I still sat down with Lillie and explained in very simple terms what Easter is really about. I loved all the talks at Conference. Especially Elder Hollands talk at the end of the 2nd Saturday session, and President Eyring's talk at the very end of the 2nd Sunday session. I loved how so many talks were about eternal families and loving our neighbors and the power of Christ (atleast that's what stuck out to me). I'm very grateful that Dustin and I were able to be sealed together. I'm grateful to know that if we keep our covenants we can be together forever with our family. I'm grateful for Christ preparing a way for me to be with my family. I'm grateful for the safety and security of the gospel. I feel very blessed, even at our hardest times. I love the gospel and I will never be quiet about it!
Happy late Easter!

2 comments:

The Sheppards said...

I can't believe Lillie is old enough to ride a tricycle! And Ali had her baby?! How exciting! Are you still having a shower for her??

sydni yoshioka said...

man, i need the phone number for your easter bunny!? all zac got were some jelly beans and side walk chalk! ha ha, on well he doesn't know any better!!!
thanks for sharing your testimony! you're a great example!