Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Father's Day

This is what Lillie made for Dustin for Father's Day in Nursery. It's called a "Picnic Pocket" and is filled with 2 juice boxes and 2 rice krispi treats and a little note that Lillie colored. They are suppose to go on a picnic together- such a cute idea!
We've had a really busy Father's Day weekend, not only was it Father's Day, but it was also Dustin's mom's Birthday, and Clark and Kristi's baby's blessing for sweet little Bailey. It was a really really really busy and eventful weekend!
The weekend before my sister Elisha had a BBQ for my dad. I made these sugar cookies. But unfortunatly, didn't get very many pictures of the actual BBQ.

The same weekend my sister Dana, her girls, and my parents came to Jackson for a few days. We went down to Pinedale for one night and stayed with my Aunt Jean and Uncle Emil. All 10 of us squeezed into our tiny 550 sq/ft apartment for the next night- it was really funny and we had nowhere near enough towels.
This is us at our Elder's Quorum activity. It was a tad wet outside, but we had fun! We went to the Castago Wagon Ride and Cookout. We rode real canvas covered wagons pulled by horses and ate steak, potato's, hot dogs, salads, and all the deserts you can think of! They also had a guy there singing old time songs. It was a fun time!

Except Lillie didn't always think it was fun...

For Father's Day, Lillie and I got Dustin some fishing stuff! Dustin inherited an old fly fishing pole from his Great Grandfather and really wanted to start fishing a lot while we're still here in Jackson. He got another fishing pole, tackle box, and all the stuff that goes with it. My Dad took us to a lake near Pinedale. Unfortunaly, none of us caught any fish that day.

We had a good Father's Day celebration the past 2 weekends! Dustin is a really good Father to Lillie. I remember when I was still pregnant with Lillie, Dustin wanted us to have a boy. However, ever since she's been with us, they have been best friends! Lillie is such a daddy's girl. She gets so sad when he leaves and starts laughing and smiling really big when he comes home from work each day. They play together and read lots of books together. Lillie would rather go to Dustin when she's sad than to me, which is really sweet I think. Dustin is the best dad, and I know that Lillie loves him a lot!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just did our Father's Day post too, and we really did all have a crazy busy weekend! I was posting pictures from everything and I didn't think it would ever end. It was a great weekend though. I'm glad we all got to pretty much hang out the entire time!

McKenzie @ Girl Loves Glam said...

You make the cutest cakes and cookies! I wish I had your talent! I love that picture of all of the grandkids! Lil didn't like them all taking over her personal space! Too cute!