Wednesday, December 2, 2009

We're semi-homeless... again.

In a nutshell, Dustin and I have moved 7 times in the 3 1/2 years we've been married. The most recent move was on Monday, November 30th.

Here's the long, obnoxious story.

The shop Dustin was building was suppose to be completed by August 7th. However, because the Fish and Wildlife Service is rediculous, change order after change order... the job finally was completed about 2 weeks ago.
The lease on our ghetto apartment ended November 30th. We had to be out of that apartment by then (Trust me, it wasn't too sad leaving that moldy, tiny, earwig infested apartment). So, Sunday and Monday we packed everything up. The plan was for us to pack everything up, go to Idaho Falls for a few days, and move to either Florida or California (to the next job) by the end of this week. On Monday (after we'd packed up 1/2 of our stuff) Dustin's boss called him up and said that California is not an option anymore and that there's a little glitch with the job in Florida and they're not sure if they still have the contract to do the work there. So, that job is on hold until January. Instead they're having Dustin go to Tacoma next week for a few days to work on another job, then nothing. We're staying at Dustin's parent's house until the begining of January (5 weeks) when we'll hopefully be moving to Florida, if they even get that job. It's all tentative.

We tried finding a month long lease at an apartment here, but all the month to month apartments (all 2 of them) are scary and even more ghetto than our last one (if you can even imagine). So, I guess we'll just chill here for 5 weeks. The good news is that we're getting paid for a month of not working. The bad news is that this job is SO ANNOYING!! I'm so sick of this company being so rediculous. Seriously. What if we didn't live by Dustin's parent's house? They would just send us out on the streets for 5 weeks with a 2 year old and a baby? They just expect us to have a place to stay while we're MID PACKING?? I don't even get it. I would think they would be a little more considerate. You know, maybe tell us where we're moving atleast 1 week in advance.

Dustin's looking for a new job. Anyone have any ideas?

9 comments:

Lyd said...

Oh my gosh Rica!! I'm so sorry! That really stinks! I can't believe they would do that to you guys. That is so inconsiderate. Oh the joys of life when this happens. I'm sure one day you will look back on it and laugh. I wish you and Dustin the best of luck! You'll be in my prayers. :)

Kristi said...

I can't believe those people! If nothing else, be upfront with everything- if the job isn't going to work out in one area, then just say it. You guys have been in this "almost-moving" stage for like 4 months now. I'm amazed at your guy's patience!

The Barnum Family said...

Yuck! I hate uncertainty! I'm so sorry that you're having to go through this. At least they're paying you for the month with no work, but they should seriously have had something lined up a long time ago.
Hope it all works out for the best....and soon!

Amber said...

So Alli told me what happened and I was so mad! Just to hear the story just makes ME want to scream. I can't imagine how you guys have felt. That is so annoying. Good luck with everything! We'll keep you guys in our prayers. It will all work out. I know it! :)

Unknown said...

I don't know how the crap you guys are dealing with all this! I would tell Tyson to bury me in a hole and leave me there ha ha. My marriage teacher was telling us the other day to make sure we don't have extra stress in our lives when we have a baby or we could have some issues. And of course I immediately thought of you and just sat there wondering how the heck you're dealing with everything without going crazy. You're my hero!

Jaimie said...

That really stinks! I'm so sorry you are having to deal with all of that. I hope it works out for you and will keep you and your family in my prayers. Take care and keep us posted.

Randi said...

Sad story! I'm sorry! Craig’s done with school Friday and then we will be homeless in January too. weird huh! just count your blessings. It’s great he had family close by. And you always have the church family too. That’s what helps to keep us optimistic. We have been blessed so much! But its hard to see the blessings when there is mucho bad stuff going on huh? but you always stay so positive Erika! And you’re so great at laughing your problems away. :)you're amazing!and you make gorgious babies!

TacieB said...

Oh, you guys - I'm so sorry!!! I also can't believe the grief you guys have gone through with jobs. On a brighter side - I'll get to see you the week after Christmas! :)

Ashley said...

I found your blog throug Ali's, and I came here because you sang in my ward tonight, and I recognized you from pictures on Ali's blog...anyway, I came here to tell you how stunningly beautiful you are. You have an amazing voice, and I was so touched by your song, and the emotion you put in to it. The spirit that you brought with you was so touching. Later several of us women were visiting, and we all agreed that your number added a special touch to our Christmas program. Thanks for enriching our lives!