Saturday, June 6, 2009

Herbs and such


This is the extent of our garden this year. It's kinda hard when you live in an apartment to find space to grow stuff. I'm growing (LtoR): oregano, cherry tomatos, basil, and a cactus plant. I got the cactus plant for Mother's Day from Julie. That's the easiest one to keep alive. My basil and oregano are doing so well! They've atleast tripled in size since we got them 3 weeks ago.
I also found these hanging baskets for 20$ a piece that I love.
Well, Dustin and I have gotten alot for the baby! I found some insane deals on Gymboree.com and bought about 10 outfits 6-12 month sizes for next Spring and Summer. We also got a few more 0-3 month outfits, bathrobe/washcloths, bibs, pacifiers, a baby book and photo album, burp rags, and a bunch of little blue fuzzy socks. All that's left are white onesie's, a few more 0-6 month size clothes, a few toys, and a crib set. I already have the cribset picked out, it's brown and a combination of blue stripes and polka dots from Target. I'm trying to get all the baby stuff before we move (Aug. 7th) so that when we do move, I won't have to be overly-stressed with unpacking, finding a doctor, registering at a hospital, AND worrying about buying last minute things. It is fun looking at boy stuff for a change!
Dustin's work is going well. He's been rained out for the past week so it's been slow, but nice having him home all the time. He's working hard and learning a lot about erecting a steel building. The company owner (who is also LDS) flew out here to look at the jobsite last week. He always calles Dustin 'Brother Miller.' He should be getting a company truck soon, also. Dustin also started riding his fancy bike again. He goes out for 10 mile rides every once in a while. Dustin also decided he wanted to start fishing and camping a lot while we're still here. There are lots of great places to go fishing, so for an early Father's Day present we went out and bought him a fishing pole with all the stuff that goes with it. He also inherited an ancient fly fishing pole from his Great Grandfather, and he's excited to try out flyfishing!
Lillie babbles. She never stops! She makes up wierd words and wierd sounds and changes the inflation of her voice- we have no idea what she's saying. It's pretty funny! She's also obsessed with the Baby Einstein video "Baby McDonald" and can do all the animal sounds. She's already acting like she's 2, and throws a couple tantrums a day. It's hilarious. Everytime she just throws herself down on the floor and starts kicking and screeming, we just laugh! She's a lot of fun to be around and is becoming more and more independant.
As for me... I'm actually excersizing on a regular basis for the first time in 2 1/2 years! I go running or walking or I ride my bike about 3 or 4 times a week-- and it feels great. I'm also busy finishing up a few quilts right now and I've been experiementing with new recipes the past 2 weeks and love using my homegrown herbs!
We love it in Jackson (except for the fact that there isn't a Target) and are sad we only have 2 months left here.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad that you guys are enjoying Jackson so much! It will definitely be sad when you have to leave. I just hope you don't go too far!! And your plants look great!

VicandNanc said...

Wow, I can't believe how much shopping there is to do for a new baby! Good job working out, it feels great.. just don't forget!