Sunday, April 5, 2009

Buh Bye Magna!

We're outta here! We plan on moving on Wednesday. The Elders Quorum are coming on Tuesday night... so we're frantically packing. I had no idea how long it was going to take. We spent about 5 hours packing and only finished Lillie's bedroom and 1 1/2 bathrooms. We're getting rid of a bunch of stuff, so that's good. My sister, Dana, is watching Lillie until Wednesday morning. I miss her so much. It's just easier to focus on packing and not worrying about a rambunctious 18 month old.
We're sad to leave some friends behind, but happy to be moving on. We liked it here, but we were never in-love with Utah. I think we just appreciate diversity and there wasn't much of that here. I'm sick of all the plastic surgery and name brand clothes (it wasn't too bad, just enough to be annoying), big hair and leggings tucked into boots. I will, however, miss the beautiful seasons! Utah has all 4 seasons- and autumn was my favorite by far. I'm also going to miss working at the Temple at night. Sometimes it was hard to go to work, but I had so many good experiences there and made so many friends. I'm sad to leave it all behind!
We got to go see our new apartment in Jackson, WY yesterday. It's pretty small (500 sq/ft) with 1 bedroom. It needs a good cleaning, but I think it will be just fine. Jackson is beautiful. We're 1/2 mile away from the Elk refuge and you can see the Grand Teton's from our doorstep. We'll only be there for about 3 months though then on to another location!
It's gonna be a busy next 3 or 4 days. Packing SUCKS!!

6 comments:

Kristi said...

Sorry about the packing- there's nothing worse when it comes to moving. Thats depressing to think that you'll only settle down for 3 months and then be packing again. Sounds like the area is gorgeous though. We're excited for all your news!

Kandis said...

I am glad you moved to magna! Had you never moved here...we would have never met. I will miss you! You and Dustin have been great friends, our lives have been enriched having you in it! Love your face!

Unknown said...

All that packing sounds like a party! Hopefully it's going well. I'm so excited that you guys are going to be living up here! Sorry you have to leave your job though. Not to mention the Utah poof and the leggings tucked into boots. Darn it! ha ha Can't wait to see you more!

Adam and Brittany said...

Good luck!! It looks gorgeous in your new town.

The Barnum Family said...

I can't believe that you didn't tell us you're expecting!!! You are so sneaky! We miss you already! I'll especially miss you on Sunday when Claudia and Paige are freaking out about something and the only other laidback member of our presidency isn't there. =(
But, I"m so happy for you guys! Enjoy your new adventures!

Ishihara Family said...

I'm so sad. I did not even know your were leaving let alone prego!
Good luck with this new adventure!
Sorry, I was a horrible Visiting Teacher!