Monday, August 6, 2012

Vinegar.

As we're preparing to move, the deep cleaning has already begun. Seems appropriate for another cleaning tip. Have I done this one already?

White vinegar. Not diluted. In a spray bottle.

If you're looking for an all natural way to clean my arch-enemy of hard water (and reason #11 on my list of "cons of Idaho"), go and buy a gallon of white distilled vinegar for about $1.50.

I use vinegar to clean my windows (especially the outsides), mirrors, hard-water-ridden drinking glasses, and even my sinks and bathtub faucets. A few sprays and a washcloth will make them shine. And because it's a natural acid, it works a gazillion times FASTER than Windex (which I also love).

The Idaho Falls Temple uses vinegar on all their sinks and drinking fountains. Does that place ever smell like pungent rotten-eggs mixed with aged Cheddar and perspiration under your bra? Nope. That eye-watering, stinging stench disappears in a couple minutes.

 I promise.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

We always used vinegar to clean rhe outside of our boat. It is magical! You named a few things I!ve never thought to use it on. Thanks fir the tip!