Friday, August 17, 2012

Five

Tears stream down my face when I think about how fast time is flying! Lillie is 5 years old today. The only word I can use to describe that little girl is: sweet. She is sweet and compassionate in every way and is just plain gentle and loving. I sincerly am in awe the Heavenly Father gave her to us.
At 5 years old, Lillie knows her entire alphabet, and knows 12 sounds of the letters. She can count to 100, and can write all of our names in our family without asking. She loves coloring and doing crafts, playing with chalk, reading books, and riding her Hello Kitty bike. Lillie loves having her fingernails painted red, wearing dresses, high heals, and dousing herself with lotion each day. Her favorite scripture story is Jonah and the Whale, and she loves singing primary songs. Lillie has passed off 12 articles of faith this year, and is determined to learn the 13th. She is compassionate, and always brings me a drink of water and snacks when she can tell I'm having a hard time. She sleeps like me, knows all the words to the latest country songs on the radio, and dances when nobody's looking (but I always silently crack her door open so I can watch). She's an excellent big sister to Jack, and is very forgiving--which is essential when being a big sister to Jack. She is shy, has a soft, little voice, and says the sweetest prayers by her bed each night. I love her. She has taught me significantly more than I will ever be able to teach her.

Here are some snapshots of her life, so far.
(The only thing lacking is the background music of "Butterfly Kisses at Night."...Pipe down! I know it's cheesy!)
August 17th, 2007 at 1:35AM
6 lbs. 14 oz. 21 1/2 inches





Lillie's 1st Birthday

Lillie walked on her knees from ages 10-17 months.




2nd Birthday.



3rd Birthday



4th Birthday!







Happy 5th Birthday, sweetheart.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

She really is such a sweet little girl! I agree- time just seems to be racing by! It seems like only yesterday she was a baby. Loved the photos. She is a beautiful wonderful little girl