Monday, April 2, 2012

Time spent with David Archuleta=bliss

Okay, so we had no idea that he had been singing in the MTC choir at the Saturday Afternoon Session of Conference until we got home at midnight, but Dana made the point that at least we can now say that we've seen him sing!
Saturday was so nice! Dana and Leah picked me up early in the morning and we all drove down to Salt Lake City to watch Conference. Leah turned 8 last week, so she was pretty excited to be old enough to go. We were a tad late, and were seated during the opening prayer, but it was still wonderful to be there. I always get much more out of conference when I'm there in person. This was my third time going, and it was another neat experience. I have a list of talks I want to watch again and again.

We spent the day walking around the new City Creek (incredible, and huge) and waited in line to go to the Deseret Book Ladies' Night. We got our free gift, lots of free chocolate and cookies, and entered the drawing to win one of 10 ipads (I'm not getting my hopes up). We also met some "celebrities" like John Bytheway, Gerald Lund, and got to hear Mercy River singing. There had to have been thousands there--I can only imagine the revenue they get from that 2 hour time frame.

We walked around temple square, sat on the grass for a while, and enjoyed being in 75 degree sunshine. The flowers are full grown and beautiful. Leah loved all the fountains and kept asking for more and more pictures by all the flowers. It was a perfect day!

We ended the night by eating at Olive Garden (of course) and got to Idaho Falls just after midnight. It was nice to be able to spend the day with my sister and niece. She's always been like a mother to me. Even though I despise Idaho's weather, climate, roads, public schools, and overall scenery (no offense...) it's worth it to live here because of her and other close family members. It was a wonderful way to end the semester and was a very relaxing, uplifting day.

4 comments:

Barry said...

Sounds like a great trip. That is so fun the Leah was able to go! Glad you had a fun little weekend to yourself!

Unknown said...

I'm glad you guys had such a great time! Sounds like a perfect day!

Rachel said...

How fun to go down to conference, I have never done that! I didn't know that you didn't like living in Idaho- I hate the weather too, but I have to defend the schools, we have had awesome experiences in the school my kids are in, I hope you do too!

Unknown said...

Yeah, it's probably just because I listen to our ward talk about our school, Linden Park!