Sunday, March 8, 2009

Fam Update!

Life has been pretty crazy lately. With me working 5 nights a week, Dustin and I selling plasma twice a week, Dustin moving a few piano's on the side, church callings, Dustin job searching for hours a day... it gets pretty crazy around here! I'm almost caught up on laundry (2 loads left to fold!), and to be honest, I don't really feel like cleaning our disaster of a kitchen tonightYesterday Dustin surprized me with flowers! I love when he does things like that. I love my flowers!

Here's a pic of Lil' taking a bath. She smeared Chef Boyarde ravioli in her hair. She's still walking (more like running), practicing her animal sounds, throwing food on the floor, and saying, "ooooo!" whenever she sees an airplain or the moon. I think she's a bit confused on what the word "moon" means. A few weeks ago we lost Abby. I get home from work around 1:30-1:45am everynight and sometimes I let Abby out for a couple of minutes. She can never find her way back, so Dustin or I end up going outside searching for her and have to carry her back inside! She's def. an indoor cat. She doesn't have claws and she's afraid of spiders.

One night I let her out and forgot about her until the next day at 1:00pm. Sense she can never find her way back and has no survival skills whatsoever (I know, she's a disgrace to animal life), I started panicking. Dustin looked for her nonstop the whole night- we even checked all the local animal shelters. The next morning I said a prayer that she would come back then I went and checked outside our front and sliding glass door and she wasn't there. I started crying, went and poured myself some water, then looked over at the sliding glass door again, and there she was! It was amazing! She smelled dirty and had dirty paws, but she was okay. I'm SOOO glad she came back!
Last, but certainly not least, I finally recieved the jewlery box my dad has been making for me and all my sisters this past week. He was going to make it for Christmas, but soon realized that the task of building 5 intriquite, beautiful jewlery boxes would take a bit longer than 1 month. I love mine! It's made of rich mahogany wood. The best part is that it's made by my dad. Lillie also has a jewlry box from him also. I love my dad!


Lillie's Jewelry box

6 comments:

Diane Wisniewski said...

Dad loves it!!!!!!!

Amber said...

Oh I love the jewelry box! SO cute. You guys really have had a busy week. I just got a second calling. Crazy! That is so sweet your husband got you flowers. I love when I get flowers! Hope your week gets less crazy

Kristi said...

That jewelry box is gorgeous!

VicandNanc said...

What a precious jewelry box! I'm glad your kitty came home too. You guys have the craziest life. I'm so glad you are such an amazing girl to conquer it all & still be happy :)

Unknown said...

Pretty jewelry box! Isn't it great having dads that know how to make stuff out of wood?
Julie told us about Abby, I couldn't believe that! I know how that feels too, and it's horrible. I lost my cat Butters a few years ago when I lived in my apartement and I couldn't sleep that night. I even left the front door open in hopes that she would show up! Turns out he ended up at my brother's apartment one building over, thank goodness! I bawled when we found him.
And I love the flowers, they're so pretty! Tyson surprises me with flowers every now and then, and I just love it! Must be in the family!

The Sheppards said...

I thought you meant Abby died! Don't do that to me!!