Friday, June 7, 2013

Photo Dump Family Update




















I had to post the last picture because our refrigerator plays a major role in my life these days.

I am SO DONE with school. Dustin brought me home an orange creamsicle snow cone to break up my eight hour online school session today.

I also love driving home and seeing the front of our house. We have green grass, mature trees (about ten less than when we bought it!) hanging baskets, an American flag, and even a statue we named "Rosy" to greet us. Our garden has been a therapeutic adventure for us and a huge dream come true for me. I've always wanted to do this. Our corn is coming up nicely and we've already been able to pick strawberries, a rare advantage in this devil climate. It's like a science experiment every day for these tikes learning how to plant, water, and weed. They've taken a huge ownership in the garden. For Mother's Day Dustin made me a big planter box for all my herbs and the kids got me some rose bushes and a lilac tree. I feel like I've aged 25 years since buying this house because now I enjoy conversations relating to our yard. I've even become one of those people who gives tours of their plants to every visitor.

We've been busy and happy and love that it's June.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Yeah-definitely busy! But it looks like a good kind of busy. Its funny how working in a garden can be so therapeutic. Its been fun to watch you guys enjoy the luxuries of home ownership. Loved all the photos!