Friday, June 21, 2013

My Senior Recital!

It's in exactly 4 weeks and thankfully I only have 3 songs left to memorize! Putting together a recital is like the stress of juries x's 100, but it's commemorative for me and will be a great way to end this chapter. My theme is "Songs My Mother Taught Me" (one of the songs I'm singing) and is sung through my children's perspective over the last two years. My sweet children also have memorized about 80% of my songs over the last six semesters and sound really cute when they sing in German or French. I am even singing an art song titled "Old Mother Hubbard" in the style of Handel and Lillie and I are singing a little duet I arranged near the end of the program.
So yes, everyone over age 6 is invited! Plus I'm having some pretty awesome refreshments afterward. It's formal and it's free, and we'll see if I can really pull off singing some high B's with my sixth-month belly and extreme issue of keeping my freaking diaphragm expanded.
Epigastrial-Diaphragmatic-Abdominal-Costal Breathing these days.
(Thank you, Brother Lindford.)

3 comments:

The Pattersons said...

Love the pic:-) jack is such a stud with his bow tie! You look beautiful And I am so proud of you friend! Home stretch! Woot woot! Wish we could be there, love from The Dalles!

Kristi said...

That picture is so cute! Can we bring Abby along? Obviously we hve to get someone to watch the other 2 but what about infants? We would love to come and listen.

Unknown said...

The only problem is the live sound recording in a very echo-ie hall. That's why they're pretty strict about the age requirement.