Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Phlegm

Last Friday my tonsils grew to the size of kiwis.
The next day I was congested and had to breath out of my mouth while eating pizza.
Sunday was the Primary Program, and my congestion turned into my head-might-explode with eyes watering and sneezing.
Sunday night I realized my inflamed tonsils were covered in white spots.
Sunday SUPER late night Dustin picked up my Zpac prescription (my last refill).
Monday-Friday I spent 36 hours on campus, took 6 exams, and spent 35 hours doing homework all while getting less than 7 hours of sleep each night due to the above mentioned reasons.
Saturday I found out my bad never-ending cold was a scorching case of bronchitis.
Sunday: Dustin beat me at Monopoly.
Yesterday I found out my bronchitis resulted in laryngitis with blisters on my vocal chords from coughing.

On the downside, I probably passed on this bug to many fellow students thanks to the "zero absence" policy in most of my classes.

On the plus, I've stopped coughing up dime and nickle-sized solidified phlegm. That is a weird word.

1 comment:

The Barnum Family said...

Goodness! I sure hope some of your professors with those "zero absence" policies are fortunate enough to catch this lovely bug you had. Maybe then they'll change their tune and realize that there really are instances when missing class is exactly what should be done.
I hope you're fully recovered by now and found some time to rest a bit.