Thursday, October 11, 2012

I hate your Iphone 5

Ok. Seriously. How the crap did I ever survive without a cell phone?

As of today, I have gone exactly 6 days without a working cell phone.
You heard me right--SIX DAYS.
I AM FREAKING OUT. I have resorted to e-mailing. Yes, e-mailing. (And don't think that's the last time I'll repeat the same statement in a dramatic way.)
Don't worry friends--I should be getting my replacement phone tomorrow.

The past 6 days have reminded me of a time of long, long ago (give or take 7 years) of what it was like to pre-plan everything. Instead of playing our schedules hour-by-hour via text messages and short phone conversations, Dustin and I have had to have real sit-down meetings early in the morning about what we are doing that day, when we would be home, what we would have for dinner, blah, blah and blah. I have to wait for HOURS to tell Dustin anything. That alone is insane. After this I feel like I can do anything.

So, apparently I've been spoiled and have grown accustom to this lifestyle.

Do you remember what it used to be like? For someone who used to have strong anti-cell phone views, I am feeling quite humbled. Because really, I might die if that phone doesn't come tomorrow.

BUT. I am still anti-Iphone. Fun fact: If you feel you need to narrate your life all day long via your awesome new iphone5, then you don't really have one.
But seriously, can I borrow your phone?

*disclaimer: I understand not every iphone5 owner acts in such obnoxious, self-centered, pompous ways.

No comments: