Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Our long-awaited honeymoon

I know, I know. It's about time!! Dustin and I were never able to go on a honeymoon. We stayed at the MGM in Las Vegas the night we were married, then drove home at 11am, and Dustin went back to work the next day. LAME.

So, after debating and debating, we finally decided to just do it. This June will be our 5 year anniversary, making it even more perfect. While living with my parents, we were able to save up some money to buy a house. Well, that obviously didn't work out, so we decided to take a chunk out of our savings and go on a vacation, just us 2. I know there are many other things we could put this money towards- but for some reason I have the feeling that we won't regret doing this. We've had a rough past few years (to say the least), and I just want to escape for 1 week with my husband and act like newlyweds.

So... come March 19th, we'll be sailing away on a Mexican Riviera Cruise!

6 comments:

Wish said...

fun! Dave and I just got back from a 11 day 10 night Caribbean cruise. It was wonderful. We've done the mexican rivera and you'll love it! Good for you guys!

Wish said...

oh that last comment was from me....Kandis

TacieB said...

That sounds wonderful.

Adam and Brittany said...

You for sure won't regret it, so fun!

The Barnum Family said...

Good for you! You two definitely deserve it and I'm sure you won't have any regrets. Besides, staying married and still going strong for five years deserves even more celebration than getting married in the first place.

Amber said...

Awesome! That is so funny you guys decided to do a honeymoon, because Che and I are doing the same thing ha ha. We never took one, and the past year has been a little rough so we thought we should just go! Plus we're getting money back from taxes...yay. I think we're going to Puerta Vallarta but i'm not sure. Hooray for honeymoons! I think you won't regret it either! In fact, I think it will be for the best! Have fun!