Thursday, March 17, 2011

My last entry... for a while.

Well folks, I'm writing to say goodbye for a while!

Tomorrow Dustin and I are flying to California and are going to be gone for a total of 10 1/2 days to celebrate our honeymoon/5th Anniversary. We're leaving our kids behind with family. I think (or... I hope) they'll have a lot of fun playing with their Aunts and cousins and Grandma and Gramps. I made them a picture cube full of pictures of our family so they can look at it if they start missing us, even though I'm sure we'll miss them more than they'll miss us! This is by FAR the longest we've ever been away from our children, so naturally I'm freaking out a bit.

Aside from that, this vacation couldn't have come a day sooner. I can't wait to act like newlyweds and pretend that our lives are perfect... just for a little while. We're planning on visiting Hollywood Boulevard and the Santa Monica Pier before we board our Mexican Riviera Cruise. We're going to Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, and Cabo San Lucas. It should be a lot of fun!

We fly into Idaho Falls at 7:10pm on Monday. Dustin has an interview in Omaha, Nebraska the next day at 11:00AM!! So after debating on flying or driving, we chose the cheaper route and Dustin's going to drive 1,007 miles to save us $600.
Don't worry, we already have a case of Red Bull.

So come April 1st, everything will be back to normal. I'll post pictures and updates then- so for now, Goodbye!!!!!

4 comments:

Lena said...

Hey, enjoy your cruise. Dustin, you HAVE to come stay with us in Omaha. We would be offended if you would not. We don't have an official guest room in our small house BUT we can figure something out. That would be horrible if you would be here and not stay with us. Erika, I will pm you my cell on facebook.

Ben and Becky said...

have fun, you deserve it! That is the same cruise we did for our honeymoon, and we absolutely loved it!

The Barnum Family said...

Have a great time!

Amber said...

Have fun! Wait...of course you're going to have fun! So jealous that yours is already here!