Thursday, May 27, 2010

GLEE Volume 3

I haven't told very many people, but I'm running the Teton Dam Half Marathon in 2 weeks. I started running in February, did Insanity in March and April, then started running more seriously starting in May. I'll admit, I'm slow. But, I know that if I keep it up my pace will pick-up. Right now I'm running 4 days a week with 1 day of cross training. I usually only run 3-5 miles, then on Saturdays I run 8-11 miles.
Anyway, it's hard. I'm slow. But I really want to accomplish something grand in life, and this is my first step (well, besides getting married, having a beautiful family, and being sealed to my family for all eternity). I've decided that if I can do it, anyone can.
And how's the weight loss going?? I tried Insanity and ended up gaining a flipping 7 pounds. Retarded. But, I did increase my push-ups from a whopping 2 when I started to 25 when I ended. With running, however, I've lost 2 pounds. I need to lose about 12 more to be at the weight I was when I got married. However, I was only 19 when I got married, and I have had 2 kids since then... not sure if 10 pounds is in the cards for me, but whatever. Running is a great and fun activity and I currently have a perfect blood pressure score. Plus, I've almost got the latest Glee soundtrack memorized already. So even if I don't lose any weight, I'm still doing it.

3 comments:

The Barnum Family said...

Good for you! I've always wanted to get into running, but I just haven't made the plunge yet. Congratulations on the 2 pounds! After having kids, two pounds is a grand accomplishment! I'm still trying to get rid of the last 10 I gained with Jayne and the girl will be two in the fall.
Keep up the good work! I can't wait to read about you crossing the finish line!

Kristi said...

That's awesome! Well done!

Amber said...

I think I need to borrow those seasons of Glee. I think that I want to be a Gleek. That is so awesome you're doing a half marathon! I used to run a lot and now I can only do like a couple times a week because I just got donw with Physical Therapy on my hip. So it gets inflamed if I run too much. But I'm doing a 5k in about 3 weeks. I'm so not ready ha ha. And I have to lose like 45 pounds to get back to my wedding weight. I'm so jealous!! Keep up the good work. I'm sure you look amazing!