Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Thank you Rexburg plasma center

Taken just a few days after our 1st date. February 2006

After our 184th date (assuming we go on a date once a week.. which we do) . February 2010

If it weren't for you, Rexburg Plasma Center, Dustin and wouldn't be together today.


It was an annoying, depressing, and cold, Valentines Day morning in 2006 when I decided to go sell some plasma before work and school. I sat down in my donating chair at 7:20AM or so, when the plasma center randomly decided to do a "Valentines Day Raffle." They put all the chair numbers in a hat to win a grand prize of dinner for 2 at Bajio and 2 movie tickets. Lucky me, they pulled out chair #38 (I still remember).

I must have seemed to be a bit of a crazy person because I coudn't find anyone to take me on a date that I was basically paying for.... at BYU-I (lame). Before resorting to taking a roommate with me that night, I called my sister who set me up with one of her co-workers' sons. Dustin picked me up at 6:30PM later that day, and the rest is history.


Happy 4 year (from our first date) Anniversary, Dear! To celebrate 4 V-Day's together, we wrote eachother poems. Please don't zoom-in to read them, they're pretty wierd and most of the time don't make sense.

4 comments:

Amber said...

Oh that is such a cute story! I had no idea the Plasma place was where it all started! Ahhh it's so sweet, and i love your pic together in 2006. Yay for being married!

The Barnum Family said...

Happy first date anniversary! What a fun story.

Lyd said...

CUTE!!! I love it!! And I love that it all happened at the good ol' plasma center! :D

Unknown said...

Ah, the BYU-I dorms. Gotta love them! Glad you guys had a fun Valentine's Day. Good job for remembering all the details of your first date. Wish I could do that! Cute scarf! :)