Sunday, September 26, 2010

Really bad intentions

Most time I have good intentions, but they come out the wrong way and end up offending someone. However, there have been a few times that I bluntly did something on purpose that was really bad. I'm sure you have, too.

First Story: For Christmas one year, my little brother Bradley got the computer game called Baseball Pro '98. It was a big deal for a 10 year old. He didn't get very many other presents that year because of how expensive this particular game was. Well, that Summer the little twerp told on me when I took a bunch of quarters from my dad's humongous cup-o-change and rode my bike a mile away to Dairy Queen to get a Cookie Dough Blizzard (that's right, I still remember what kind). I was so furious that he was such a little tattle tale that I went into our office, took out his beloved computer game that was safely concealed in it's case, grabbed a ball point pen, and scratched the crap out of it. I'll admit, it felt good. Sweet Revenge!!
Well, obviously it didn't feel that good, because to this day I feel extremely guilty. Even writing about this incident 12 years later, I can still hear Brad in the back of my mind saying the next day, "Dad? Baseball Pro isn't working, can you please come help me?" Ahhhh! I never fessed up! What the heck would you have done if you were 12 and knew that Baseball Pro '98 was going to cost you $60 to replace- or a good 5 months worth of babysitting every single weekend (at the rate I was paid in 5th Ward)? I wasn't about to do that.
Plus, Brad was perfect. He never did anything wrong- so it's not like I could have gotten back at him by tatteling on him later.

Story #2: I told my supervisor that one of my sisters died just so that I didn't have to work over Christmas. Hahahaaaaa! I even faked crying on the phone and everything. I don't know why I couldn't have just quit like a normal person.

3 comments:

Kandis said...

Erika,
Thanks so much for the laughs!
How funny!
Once Dave and I and some friends wanted to take a last minute midnight trip to Vegas but I had to work in the morning so Dave called my boss and told her that I ate some bad meat. The things we do, to get out of things!
XOXO

The Sheppards said...

You're scaring me Shark.

What is Marriage Survival? said...

That's so funny! I totally pictured you as your 12 year old self, giddy with excitement and peddling to Dairy Queen. Love it!