Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Aw, Man!

Well, Dustin got laid off of his job today with M13 Construction. I guess they usually have 10-12 big jobs at a time, and now they only have 2. Dustin's boss typed up a really good recommendation letter stating that Dustin was a fabulous employee with many great skills, and that M13 was sad that they had to let him go due to the financial integrity of the company. They said, however, that if things pick up, they would love to have him back. So yeah, we're hoping things will pick back up!
In the mean time, we're actually not too worried. We've been through this before (but who's counting??) and we know that we'll get through it, yet again! Heavenly Father has always blessed us so much. We've never had a time when we didn't have food, a nice place to live, a car, and other things of that nature. Plus, we have too much to be grateful for to complain about anything, like our health, our constant safety, our family and friends, our testimonies, a happy baby girl that always makes us smile, etc.. So we'll just do what we did before: get unemployment, sell plasma twice a week, and I'll pick up a few more hours at the Temple. Please don't worry, because we honestly aren't.
We're excited to go up to Idaho for Thanksgiving. It's nice to be around our families, and we haven't been up there for over 2 months now. It'll be nice to have a break and laugh a lot!
We hope all of you have a wonderful holiday!

4 comments:

Kristi said...

You've got to be kidding me! You guys are way more patient and good about this then I would be. Best of luck! We're excited to see you this week!

Amber said...

Oh my gosh! Well I'm glad you guys are in good spirits. The Shower was way fun on Saturday, it was nice to finally meet everyone!! Hope everything goes well for you guys!!

Adam and Brittany said...

Oh my!!! I'm sorry to hear that, but it sounds like you guys are doing really well with it. Good luck!

Unknown said...

I forgot to talk to you about this over the weekend, I'm sorry to hear about it! You guys are so incredibly patient, better than I could ever be. I hope you're doing all right. You seem to be in good spirits so that's good! Sorry to hear about it.