Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Nesting at Biblical Proportions


Alrighty. I'm officially down to my weekly doctor appointments now. I feel huge and beautiful at the same time with this 35 week tummy. Huge mainly due to every flipping pregnancy app telling me that my weight gain is in the "excessive" range. Beautiful because it's a blessing and privilege to have a baby you helped make grow inside of your body and to feel their gentle kicks and twists.

We still have no idea if it's a boy or a girl. Dustin (for the most part) thinks its a boy, but lately I've been thinking it's a girl. We have a whole slew of names picked for either. Lillie and Jack enjoyed picking out the "leaving the hospital" outfits and blankets.

 
 
After and extensive 2-full carts grocery shopping trip, Dustin helped me put together 17 freezer crock-pot meals. I've also been doubling up on my enchiladas and lasagna and things like that to freeze.
Bam! Dinner's done.
 
We've also been busy doing yard work, gardening, canning over 100 quarts, hand-shucking/freezing 175 ears of corn from said garden, building and installing wainscoting, making two headboards, finishing the playroom downstairs, building shelves and organizing the storage room, sewing, and cutting down even MORE trees. Dustin is having a love-affair with his chain saw. But it's a win/win because I love that I can see out of my bedroom window now. We have chopped down a total of 23 trees since moving in, and we still have like, 60 or something.
 
I am obsessed with our Jack Sprat. We get to spend 4 hours each morning together, just us two, while Lillie's having a blast at Kindergarten. We do crafts, play Legos, take walks, read books, go to the library and zoo, and snuggle and watch cartoons together. He is hilarious and sure can talk your head off. After reading one of his "No David" books, he decided to see what a bar of soap tastes like. For some reason I didn't oppose the idea. However, instead of a lick, he took a full-on bite with his teeth straight into a bar of Dial.
It was hilarious.





 
Dustin loves working with the scouts and has been able to go camping like, 8 times this year. The scouts in our Ward picked the cycling merit badge and last month finished the 50 miler. It was a lot of work, considering they had to do 2 10-milers, 2 15-milers, 2 25-milers, and 1 50-miler.

 
I'm still loving my calling as an Activity Day leader for the 10 and 11 year-old girls.


 
My hospital bag is packed, our dinners are already done, we have an extensive food storage, we have five Sam's Club-size boxes of diapers and wipes, the bassinette is assembled, and every single closet and drawer is clean and organized--including Dustin's gun cabinet. I'm waiting for my rocking chair and curtains to come in the mail, and that's about all I can do! I'm thinking about going outside today and painting our shutters black. I've also been needing to shampoo the upholstery in our car.
Don't you worry, I'll find something to do.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

WOW. That is amazing. I would offer some help but where? You have got it covered!

Ben and Becky said...

you have been really busy! I'm impressed, lady! What an exciting time for you all :D

Unknown said...

It seems that it was meant to be that you were so prepared when you were! Glad you've got so much covered for little Chloe to come home!