Monday, December 10, 2012

Final Composition


I know I'm just a beginner at this, but I've had to submit many short "hymn-like" songs such as this one this semester as I'm just learning all of the rules with composition in tonal music. I just turned this piece in today for my final and feel somewhat content with it. I wanted to write a song to teach my kids the days of the week. It was fun listening to my class sight sing it in solfege this morning!

Here were the requirements:
1. One of each diatonic triad (in inversion or root position)
2. One neighbor or passing 6/4
3. A cadential 6/4
4. A suspension, appoggiatura, and escape tone
5. A dominant seventh chord
6. A supertonic seventh chord
7. A parallel or contrasting period


You can also view it a little better by following this link.

No comments: